The Davidson Planning Board on Monday is scheduled to discuss and vote on whether to recommend proposed changes affecting the so-called Northeast Quadrant master plan in the Exit 30 area. Also up for discussion and recommendation is a driveway curb cut restriction in Phase 5 of the River Run neighborhood and proposed amendments to Section 9 of the planning ordinance, which affect window transparency on building facades.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. Monday at Town Hall, 216 S. Main St.
The Exit 30 area discussion will focus on text amendments to the previously approved conditional zoning for the Northeast Quadrant master plan, which affects the area north of Jetton Street and east of I-77. The original conditional zoning was approved in 2004. Changes under discussion would clarify that the maximum building height is 75 feet, remove a one-hotel limit in the area, and slightly reduce the size of permitted wall signs. (See the proposal up for discussion (PDF))
The Planning Board also will discuss an amendment to the River Run Phase 5 master plan that would affect driveway cuts on Shearer Road. According to an explanation provided by the planning department, the amendment “will revoke the prior limitation to only 6 driveway cuts for lots otherwise requiring access from Shearer Road in the development. Each lot may have its own driveway cut, but all cut widths must conform to the ordinance standard of maximum 12 foot width at curb.” (See the text (PDF).)
The board’s recommendations go to the Town Board, which has final say on planning amendments and zoning.
AGENDA – DAVIDSON PLANNING BOARD
Monday, March 26, 2012, Town Hall, 216 S. Main St.
Call to Order: Determination of Quorum – John Chesser
Review and Approval of Minutes: February 27, 2012 – John Chesser
Changes to the Agenda
- Discussion and recommendation for text amendments to Section 9 of the Planning Ordinance (window transparency)
- Discussion and recommendation for text amendments to Conditional Planning Area for River Run V master plan (driveway curb cut restriction)
- Discussion and recommendation for text amendments to Conditional Planning Area for Northeast Quadrant master plan (building height Envelope A, number of hotels permitted, wall sign exceptions)
- Discussion regarding text amendments to Section 7 of the Planning Ordinance (development review process)
- Update presentation on 2012 Station Area Plan Update