By DAVID BORAKS
Big Lots has recalled 30,000 glass tabletop torches after some erupted in flames and injured users, including a Davidson man who suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns in an explosion and fire last month.
Bill Trull, 46, who lives on Northeast Drive in the Spinnaker Reach condos, off I-77 Exit 30, was badly burned on his legs after he attempted to blow out one of the citronella candles on his back porch July 8. The injuries were so serious that he missed a month's work as an administrative officer at the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office. Read the full story