Firefighters stayed on the road this week responding to small fires, a large tree limb that fell across Davidson-Concord Road late Tuesday night, 10 medical calls, and a number of other alarms. A small electrical fire in the basement last Friday sent smoke through the WDAV radio studios on North Main Street, but was out before firefighters arrived. Malfunctioning fire alarms on the Davidson College campus triggered a number of repeat trips to the Connor Eating House and faculty condominiums. A small kitchen fire in a Davidson College apartment was quickly contained, and a malfunctioning alarm in River Run was assessed by firefighters before the homeowner was advised to have the alarm system serviced.
More details on these stories, along with additional information on the large tree that fell across Davidson-Concord Road on Tuesday night and a tally of the week’s medical calls, may be found below. Read the full story