A Davidson College worker accidentally cut a gas line between two student apartment buildings on Wednesday. That was one of nine calls to the college campus over the past week that prompted responses by local firefighters, out of a dozen total calls. In another incident, dispatchers received a flurry of 911 calls Sunday when steam from the college’s Watson Life Science Building appeared to be smoke. Also early Sunday, firefighters responded to a false alarm at the Irwin residence hall that was triggered by student play with a fire extinguisher. Elsewhere, a downed tree across Shearer Road kept firefighters and public works crews busy on Wednesday. Details on these calls, along with a tally of the week’s medical calls, may be found below.