Contractors for the N.C. DOT on Monday, July 8, will begin resurfacing 16-miles of roads in north Charlotte and north Mecklenburg under an $3.8 million contract to be completed over the next year. The resurfacing includes a section of Catawba Avenue in Cornelius, several roads on both sides of Huntersville, and Shearers Road in east Davidson, among others.
Blythe Brothers Asphalt Co. LLC of Charlotte will mill, resurface, and reconstruct shoulders on 10 segments of secondary roads, including:
- 2.3 miles of Mallard Creek Church Road from U.S. 29 to David Taylor Drive in Charlotte
- 1.8 miles of Catawba Avenue from Magnolia Estates Drive to N.C. 73 in Cornelius
- 1.6 miles of Northcross Drive from Hugh McCauley Road to the end of maintenance in Huntersville
- 2 miles of Huntersville-Concord Road from west of the Cabarrus County line to Hiwassee Road in Huntersville
- 1.6 miles of McCoy Road from Gilead Road to Hambright Road Huntersville
- 0.8 miles of Poplar Tent Road from N.C. 73 to the Cabarrus County line in Huntersville
- 2.6 miles of Shearer Road from East Rocky River Road to the Iredell County line in Davidson
- 4 miles of N.C. 73 from the Catawba River bridge to Catawba Avenue in Huntersville
The work is scheduled to begin Monday, depending on the weather, and is due to be finished by June 20, 2014.