Over the past two weeks, police arrested several suspects for driving while intoxicated, including a Davidson man who crashed into a mailbox then struck a tree in River Run Saturday. In a separate incident, officers arrested a 24-year-old Davidson man for discharging a firearm from inside a vehicle on Robert Walker Drive at 2 a.m. Aug. 26. Details on these stories and more (along with a tally of the week’s arrests, citations, and traffic enforcement) may be found below.
SUNDAY, AUG. 26, 2:01 a.m., Robert Walker Drive at Davidson-Concord Road – Officers responded to a report of a gunshot and arrested a 24-year-old male for discharging a firearm from inside of a vehicle within the Town of Davidson. Police seized a Mossberg Maverick shotgun valued at $600 and Winchester .243 ammunition from the suspect.
SUNDAY, AUG. 26, 11:43 a.m., 100 North Harbor Place, The North Harbor Club – Police are investigating a case of larceny in which an unknown suspect stole almost $4,000 worth of valuables from a boat that was docked. Some of the stolen items included a laptop computer, stereo equipment, and a camera.
THURSDAY, AUG. 30, 2:32 p.m., 18800 block of Shearer Road – Police are investigated a case of fraud in which a foreign company withdrew almost $800 from the victim’s bank about without his permission.
FRIDAY, AUG. 31, 5:25 p.m., Gamble Street at West Walnut Street – A Davidson man driving a 2001 Chrysler backed into the front right quarter panel of a Davidson woman’s 2012 Ford as the Ford drove past. The Chrysler had been parked perpendicular to the cur prior to the accident, and total combined damage to the vehicles was estimated at $800.
SATURDAY, SEP. 1, 9:51 p.m., 106 Iris Meadow Drive – a Mooresville man operating a 2001 Suzuki motorcycle lost control on the damp roadway at around 20 mph and ran off of the road, striking the rear corner of a garage. Total damage to the motorcycle was estimated at $500, but no injuries were reported.
SATURDAY, SEP. 1, 7:20 p.m., River Ford Drive at Riverwest Court – A Davidson man driving a 2001 Volvo ran off of the right side of the road and struck a mailbox valued at $200. The driver continued and lost control of the vehicle soon after, spinning 180-degrees in the road before striking a tree on the opposite side of the road at approximately 35 mph. The driver was arrested for DWI, and total damage to the vehicle was estimated at $4,000.
SUNDAY, SEP. 2, Griffith Street at Watson Street – A Burlington man driving a 2013 Mazda rear-ended a Davidson man’s 2007 Ford as the Ford waited at a red light, causing minor damage to both vehicles.
ARRESTS, CITATIONS, AND TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT, AUG. 27 – SEP. 2
- BEATY STREET - 1 citation for speeding
- CONCORD ROAD - 1 citation for no operator’s license
- GRIFFITH STREET - 8 citations for speeding, 1 for possession of marijuana, 2 for expired registration
- JETTON STREET - 2 citations for failing to stop at a stop sign, 1 for expired registration, and 1 for failing to carry a driver’s license
- LAKESIDE AVENUE – 1 arrest for larceny
- MAIN STREET - 1 citation for speeding, 1 citation for possession of marijuana, and 1 citation for possession of drug paraphernalia
- NC-115 – 1 citation for no operator’s license
- RIVER FORD DRIVE - 1 arrest for DWI, disturbing the peace, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia
- ROBERT WALKER DRIVE - 1 citation for speeding
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
DavidsonNews.net occasionally delivers breaking fire and police news via the Twitter social networking service. Follow us @DavNews (http://www.twitter.com/davnews)