This week, police are investigating a case of vandalism in which an unknown suspect damaged a Dodge Ram pickup truck in the Harris Teeter parking lot. Two Mercedes-Benz vehicles also backed into each other at the same location, causing an estimated $600 in damage.
Also this week, a homeowner reported that her son’s vehicle was broken into while her family was on vacation, but nothing was found missing from inside. Details on these stories and more (along with a tally of the week’s arrests, citations, and traffic enforcement) may be found below.
MONDAY, JULY 30, 2 p.m., 400 block of North Faulkner Way - A homeowner reported that her son had parked his vehicle in front of her home while the family went on vacation. The family returned home and discovered that an unknown suspect had entered his vehicle, but nothing was missing from it.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 1, 4:07 p.m., 431 Peninsula Drive, Harris Teeter – A Davidson man driving a 2001 Mercedes-Benz and a Davidson woman driving a 2008 Mercedes-Benz backed into each other as both drivers were attempting to exit the grocery story parking lot. Total combined damage to the vehicles was estimated at $600, and no injuries were reported.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 1, 6 p.m., 100 block of Carson Drive – Officers responded to a residential burglar alarm and found the homeowner inside, deceased.
THURSDAY, AUG. 2, 11:34 a.m., 100 Jackson Street, Town of Davidson Post Office – A Davidson man driving a 1997 Mercedes-Benz backed into a Mooresville woman’s 2009 Honda as she drove through the parking area. The Honda’s driver door and left-front quarter panel sustained approximately $1,000 in damage, while the Mercedes had a scratch on its left rear bumper. Both vehicles were able to be driven away from the scene.
THURSDAY, AUG. 2, 12:44 p.m., 644 Davidson-Gateway Drive – A Davidson man driving a 2002 Chevrolet was exiting a parking area when he struck the right rear corner of a trailer being towed by a Charlotte man’s 1999 Ford. Total combined damage to the Chevrolet and the trailer was estimated at $2,500. but no injuries were reported and both vehicles were able to be driven away from the scene.
FRIDAY, AUG. 3, 3:31 p.m., 431 Peninsula Drive, Harris Teeter parking lot – Police are investigating a case of vandalism in which an unknown suspect damaged a customer’s Dodge Ram pickup truck. Total damage to the vehicle was estimated at $300.
SATURDAY, AUG. 4, Main Street at Chairman Blake Lane – A Davidson man driving a 2004 Nissan struck the left rear corner of a 2001 Lexus while attempting to make a sharp left turn and pull into a perpendicular parking space near CVS-Pharmacy. Total combined damage to the vehicles was estimated at $900.
MONDAY, AUG. 6, 7:30 p.m., 100 block of Mock Road – Police spoke with a mother concerning her 16-year-old son who ran away from home after an argument.
TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT, JULY 30-AUG. 12
- BEATY STREET - 7 citations for speeding
- CONCORD ROAD – 3 citations for speeding, 1 citation for driving while license revoked, 1 for expired registration, and 1 for no insurance
- EAST ROCKY RIVER ROAD – 3 citations for speeding
- GRIFFITH STREET – 10 citations for speeding, 1 for driving without a license, 1 for expired registration/inspection, 1 for driving while license revoked, and 1 for no insurance
- HARBOUR PLACE DRIVE - 1 citation for expired registration
- MAIN STREET - 2 citations for speeding
- NC-73 - 1 citation for speeding and 1 for improper passing
- N.C-115 - 2 citations for speeding
- PENINSULA DRIVE - 1 citation for possession of marijuana and 1 for possession of a controlled substance
- PORTSIDE DRIVE - 1 citation for possession of a controlled substance
- ROBERT WALKER DRIVE - 1 citation for speeding
- SOUTH STREET - 1 citation for no registration and 1 for driving outside of provisional license provisions
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
DavidsonNews.net occasionally delivers breaking fire and police news via the Twitter social networking service. Follow us @DavNews (http://www.twitter.com/davnews)