Pearson’s Appraisal Service, Inc., the firm selected by the county to conduct a review of the 2011 Revaluation, plans public meetings to receive feedback from citizens. So far, five meetings have been scheduled, as follows:
- Monday, July 30, 7-9 p.m., Matthews Town Hall, 232 Matthews Station St. (Chambers)
- Tuesday, July 31, 7-9 p.m., Cornelius Town Hall, 21445 Catawba Ave.
- Thursday, Aug. 2, 7-9 p.m., Beatties Ford Library, 2412 Beatties Ford Rd. (Large conference room)
- Monday, Aug. 6, 7-9 p.m., Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center (Rm. 267)
- Thursday, Aug. 9, 7-9 p.m., First Baptist Church West, 1801 Oaklawn Ave. (Activity room)
Mecklenburg County Commissioners in May voted in favor of an independent review of the county’s 2011 property revaluation, after months of back-and-forth with county officials and complaints from citizen-led community groups and town leaders who believe the county violated state statutes and made assessment errors during the 2011 revaluation.
Click here to read Pearson’s response to the county’s RFP.