Hazardous materials technicians from Mooresville Fire and Rescue helped Davidson firefighters with a ruptured natural gas line on Saturday after construction crews struck a pipeline whose location had been improperly marked. The leak was contained with no injuries reported. Details on this incident and more (along with a tally of the week’s medical calls) may be found below.
THURSDAY, JULY 5, 3:00 a.m., 644 Davidson Gateway Drive, Rushco Market – Engine 3 responded to a motor vehicle collision and learned that the incident actually occurred in Iredell County but was reported via a pay phone at the gas station. Iredell County emergency units reported that no one was injured in the incident.
SATURDAY, JULY 7, 1:58 p.m., 829 Concord Road – Engine 1 and Ladder 1 responded to a report of a natural gas pipe rupture. Upon arrival, firefighters found that a construction crew had struck the utility line with a trencher, but it was noted that the location of the pipeline had been inaccurately labeled by utility locating personnel prior to the trench being dug. Hazardous materials technicians from Mooresville Fire and Rescue were dispatched to assist Davidson units because the exact location of the leak was difficult to determine, and a piece of heavy equipment remained on top of the line. Mooresville HazMat located the leak, and the scene was turned over to PSNC Energy personnel soon after. No injuries were reported.
SUNDAY, JULY 8, 8:53 p.m., 125 Harbour Place Drive, Homewood Suites – Engine 1 and Ladder 1 investigated a fire alarm activation and found that burnt food in a microwave had triggered a smoke detector. Firefighters used fans to clear the room of smoke and reset the alarm system.
MONDAY, JULY 9, 10:34 a.m., 239 Fairview Lane – Engine 1 and Ladder 1 investigated a fire alarm activation and found that the alarm was actually a smoke detector’s low battery alert. Firefighters helped the homeowner replace the smoke detector’s battery after ensuring that no hazards were present.
MEDICAL CALLS, JULY 4-9
Following are the medical calls that the Davidson Fire Department responded to last week. The release of addresses and other details related to these calls has been restricted in order to ensure patients’ privacy.
- Choking: 1
- Diabetic problem: 1
- Fall victim: 1
- Headache: 1
- Ingestion/Poisoning: 1
- Sick person: 1
- Stroke/CVA: 3
- Unconscious/Fainting: 1
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
DavidsonNews.net often delivers breaking fire and police news via the Twitter social networking service. Follow us @DavNews (http://www.twitter.com/davnews)