Town Day, a 5K road race, the Davidson Farmer’s Market, a college lacrosse tournament and other events are expected to bring crowds to downtown Davidson Saturday morning. Plan ahead to find a parking spot (see your options below). Better yet, walk or bike into town for the morning if you can.
The day’s events begin early, with the Davidson Farmer’s Market next to Town Hall. Farmers and volunteers will be on site by 6:30 setting up, and the market runs from 8 a.m. to noon.
The Town Day Spartan 5K road race starts at 8:30 a.m. on South Street, with registration before that on the Village Green. Traffic will be halted briefly at the start of the race, which heads down South Street onto the Greenway near Davidson Elementary School.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Davidson’s 41st Town Day is scheduled on the Green. Expect organizers to be setting up before that.
The National Lacrosse Conference Tournament, which begins Friday, will continue Saturday at Davidson College’s Richardson Stadium. Games begin at 9 a.m. Saturday and continue all day. Parking for those games can be found at the Baker Sports Complex parking lot off Concord Road.
From noon to 11 p.m., there’s a downtown Davidson musical tribute to the late Davidson College Professor Robert Whitton, who passed away in November after being hit by a car. Summit Coffee at 128 S. Main St. and The Birdsnest music studio at 102 N. Main St. are hosting a variety of local musicians all day. (Our April 30 preview has the day’s schedule.)
The day also includes a 10:30 a.m. funeral at Davidson College Presbyterian Church, Main Street and Concord Road.
And some South Main Street could be a bit congested near Walnut Street because of Charlotte Mecklenburg Utilities water line construction. It’s supposed to be finished Saturday.
Download a Downtown Davidson parking map (PDF). Town officials warn to follow all signs about parking restrictions, including time limits and compact-only locations.
- Town Hall, 216 S. Main St.
- Police Department parking lot off Jackson Street
- Main Street on street parking
- Davidson Village Inn, 117 Depot Street
- Knox Court, off Jackson Street
- Jackson Street, on-street parking spaces
- South Main, street spaces
- Lake Norman Christian School (former Davidson IB School), South Street
- Concord Road on street parking, near the Village Green and Davidson College
- Ben & Jerry’s lot, 202 South Main
- Chairman Blake Lane on-street spaces
- Davidson Post Office, Jackson Street
- Ada Jenkins Center, 212 Gamble St.
- CVS, South Main Street
- South Main Square, off South Main Street
- Davidson Cotton Mill, Delburg Street
- Sadler Square, Healthy Home Market, Griffith Street
- Dance Davidson, Jackson Street
Privately owned lots
- Metrolina Warehouse, Depot Street
- Davidson College lots at 140 and 190 Jackson St.
- Stowe’s Corner/Flatiron, 215 S. Main St.
- Davidson United Methodist Church, off South Main St.