Mooresville police this week arrested a 29-year-old man in connection with the Feb. 3 robbery of a First Citizens Bank off I-77 Exit 33. In Davidson, police arrested a woman on Griffith Street on a DWI charge after she admitted to driving the right side of the road and smashing into a light pole while texting. An unknown suspect passed two counterfeit $20 bills at the Rushco Oil station, and a known suspect is under investigation for stealing $1,600 worth of jewelry from a Northwest Drive residence. Details on these stories and a tally of the week’s arrests, citations, and traffic enforcement may be found below.
ROBBERY SUSPECT NABBED
Mooresville police arrested a 29-year-old Charlotte man on Tuesday in connection with the recent robbery of the First Citizens Bank on Medical Park Road. The Mooresville Tribune reported that Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation helped Mooresville police track down Norbert Matthew Plaud, who was charged with one count of robbery with a dangerous weapon and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. Read more on the Mooresville Tribune’s website.
TUESDAY, JAN. 31, 11:49 a.m., Hagen Knoll Drive at Merion Golf Place – A Davidson woman driving a 2009 Toyota struck the front passenger door of a 2004 Chevrolet as she backed out of her driveway. No injuries were reported, but total combined damage was estimated at $900.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 1, 5:49 p.m., Highway-73 at Stanley McElrath Road – A Landis man driving a 2003 Ford was struck by a New York woman’s 2005 Honda at approximately 45 mph after failing to yield the right of way to her. Davidson firefighters responded to assist with a fluid spill from one of the vehicles, but no injuries were reported. Total combined damage to the vehicles was estimated at $8000, and both vehicles had to be towed away from the scene.
THURSDAY, FEB. 2, 3:48 p.m., Pinecrest Street at Ridgewood Avenue – Davidson Engine 1 struck a mailbox while backing up from an incident scene. Firefighters immediately reported the incident to a Davidson police officer and notified the owner of the mailbox of what had occurred. The fire engine was not damaged.
FRIDAY, FEB. 3, 2:45 a.m., 500 block of Westside Terrace – Police investigated an assault on a 37 year old female by a known male suspect, as well as an unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
FRIDAY, FEB. 3, 4:15 a.m., Davidson-Concord Road at Barnhardt Road – A Mooresville man driving a 2008 Chevrolet struck a deer that ran out from the woods onto the roadway. The driver safely pulled his vehicle to the side of the road following the incident. Total damage was estimated at $950.
SATURDAY, FEB. 4, 10 p.m., Griffith Street – A Matthews woman driving a 2009 Hyundai told police that she didn’t see the 2005 Kia in the traffic circle prior to entering. The vehicles collided, causing a combined $900 in damage an no injuries.
SUNDAY, FEB. 5, 8:52 p.m., Griffith Street at Davidson Gateway Drive – A Davidson woman ran off of the right side of the road while texting and driving, striking a light pole. Total damage to the vehicle and the light pole was estimated at a combined $5,000. The driver was arrested for DWI.
TUESDAY, FEB. 7, 9:30 p.m., 644 Davidson Gateway Drive, Rushco Oil – Officers spoke with the night cashier in reference to two counterfeit 2o dollar bills that were passed in the gas station sometime earlier that day. Police are investigating.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 8, 1:50 p.m., 300 block of Northwest Drive – Police are investigating a case of felonious larceny in which a known suspect reportedly stole $1,600 worth of jewelry from a residence.
THURSDAY, FEB. 9, 2:36 p.m., 219 Watson Street, Reeves Temple AME Zion Church – An unknown suspect entered the rear bathroom window of the church, damaging the window.
ARRESTS, CITATIONS, AND TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT, JAN. 2-8
- BAILEY ROAD – 2 citations for speeding and 1 for failing to carry a driver’s license
- CONCORD ROAD – 1 citation for passing a stopped school bus, 1 for driving while license revoked, 2 for speeding, and 1 for expired tag
- DELBURG STREET – 1 citation for an expired tag
- EAST ROCKY RIVER ROAD – 1 citation for speeding
- GAMBLE STREET – 1 citation for failing to stop at a stop sign
- GRIFFITH STREET – 1 arrest for DWI. 3 citations for speeding, 1 for driving while license revoked, and 1 for texting while driving.
- I-77 – 1 citation for speeding
- JACKSON STREET – 1 citation for driving while license revoked
- NC-73 – 1 citation for operating a motorcycle without a proper license
- NC-115 – 1 citation for speeding and 1 for no operator’s license
- PARTING OAKS WAY – 1 citation for failing to stop at a stop sign
- RIVER FORD DRIVE – 1 citation for speeding
- ROBERT WALKER DRIVE – 5 citations for speeding, 2 for failing to stop at a stop sign, and 1 for no operator’s license
- WINGED OAK WAY – 1 citation for failing to stop at a stop sign and 1 for an unregistered vehicle
- WOODLAND STREET – 1 citation for failing to stop at a stop sign
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
DavidsonNews.net occasionally delivers breaking fire and police news via the Twitter social networking service. Follow us @DavNews (http://www.twitter.com/davnews)