Police are investigating two instances of intimidation this week, including one case in which a 52-year-old woman reported that a 46-year-old man has been stalking her in person and via text messages/email since December. Elsewhere, a 55-year-old man was charged with trying to pass a forged check for $978 at Aquesta Bank, and a Davidson Gateway Drive resident’s vehicle window was busted out by an unknown suspect on Tuesday. Details on these stories and more (along with a tally of the week’s arrests, citations, and traffic enforcement) may be found below.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 25, 9:41 a.m., 216 S. Main St., Davidson Police Department – A 43-year-old man stopped by the police station to report that a known suspect had told the reporting victim that he was going to “take him out.” Police are investigating.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 25, 2:11 p.m., 216 S. Main St., Davidson Police Department – A 52-year-old woman reported that she felt threatened by a 46-year-old man who has been stalking her in person and via text message and email since December. The victim reported that the suspect has followed her to her home and that he intends to “cause her emotional stress by placing her in reasonable fear of bodily harm.” Police are investigating.
MONDAY, JAN. 30, 9:11 a.m., 568 Jetton St., Aquesta Bank – Police are investigating a case of fraud in which a known 55-year-old male suspect attempted to pass a forged check written for $978.02.
TUESDAY, JAN. 31, 7:56 a.m., 300 block of Davidson Gateway Drive – Police received a property damage report in which an unknown suspect busted out the victim’s car window. Total damage was estimated at $250, and police are investigating.
ARRESTS, CITATIONS, AND TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT, JAN. 23-29
- BEATY STREET – 2 citations for no operator’s license
- CATAWBA AVENUE – 2 citations for failing to stop at a stop sign
- CONCORD ROAD – 1 citation for speeding
- EAST ROCKY RIVER ROAD – 1 citation for speeding
- DAVIDSON GATEWAY DRIVE – 1 citation for possession of marijuana
- GAMBLE STREET – 1 citation for no operator’s license and 1 for expired registration
- GRIFFITH STREET – 11 citations for speeding, 2 for failing to yield, 1 for driving while license revoked, 1 for no operator’s license, 1 for failing to carry a driver’s license, 2 for expired registration, and 1 for a burned out license plate light
- JACKSON STREET – 1 citation for expired inspection and registration
- MAIN STREET – 1 citation for speeding
- ROBERT WALKER DRIVE – 2 citations for speeding and 1 for failing to stop at a stop sign
- SLOAN STREET – 1 citation for no operator’s license
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
DavidsonNews.net occasionally delivers breaking fire and police news via the Twitter social networking service. Follow us @DavNews (http://www.twitter.com/davnews)