Updated 4:2o p.m.
With the winter weather continuing, Tuesday is another snow day in and around Davidson. The Davidson Town Board meeting for Tuesday night is canceled. Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools and other schools are closed. Trash pickups for Davidson are delayed at least a day. Davidson College administrative offices were opening late, though classes are still on. See our listings below. And check back – we’ll be updating this as we get new information.
Latest additions: CVS on Main Street is closing at 6. Our Town Cinemas now says it will open for 4 p.m. shows today. Afternoon movie anyone? Also, Davidson United Methodist Church has canceled all Tuesday and Wednesday evening activities. Also below: What restaurants are open tonight?
To add a listing, leave a comment below or send the information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TUESDAY, JAN. 11
- Davidson’s Town Board meeting, which had been scheduled for 6 p.m., is postponed. The agenda will be combined with the board work session on Jan. 25. Town Hall is open. Parks & Recreation is closed and all programs are canceled.
- Trash pickups in Davidson are delayed at least a day. The town spokeswoman was not sure if the delay would be longer. We’ll update when we get more info.
- CVS on Main Street in Davidson will close at 6 p.m. Our Town Cinemas in Davidson now says it will be open for 4 p.m. shows only today. Summit Coffee on Main Street is open – owner Tim Helfrich was in bright and early. But they’ll close at 4 p.m.
- The Davidson United Methodist Church office will be closed Tuesday. All Tuesday and Wednesday evening activities are canceled.
- Mecklenburg County offices are closed. Charlotte city offices were to open at 11 a.m. See the city/county advisory on CharMeck.org.
- CATS bus routes are operating but not on regular schedules because of road conditions. Check RideTransit.org for updates.
- Davidson College delayed the opening of administrative offices until 10:30 a.m. The college said it was up to individual professors whether to cancel classes. Details on Davidson.edu.
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools are closed Tuesday. Make-up days for Monday and Tuesday will be Monday, Jan. 17, and Friday, Feb. 18. All after-school activities (tutorials, PTA meetings, athletic events and contests) are canceled. After-school programs are also called off for the day. More info on the CMS website.
- The Charlotte Mecklenburg Board of Education rescheduled its Tuesday meeting to 2 p.m. (from 6 p.m.) so folks won’t have to ride home on icy roads in the dark. Read more on the CMS website.
- Community School of Davidson is closed. Make-up days for Monday and Tuesday are next Monday, Jan. 17, and Monday, Feb. 7.
- Woodlawn, Davidson Day, and Cannon schools are closed, as is McKinney Academy. Davidson Day’s Early Childhood and Lower School Open House Tuesday has been rescheduled to Jan. 25, 9-11 a.m.
- Schools are closed in Mooresville, Iredell-Statesville, Cabarrus and other area districts.
- The Lake Norman YMCA and other Y branches in greater Charlotte have extended their planned Tuesday open house into a multi-day event through Friday, Jan. 14. Lowe’s YMCA in Mooresville opened at 10 a.m. Tuesday. Lake Norman YMCA was to open at noon, but a spokeswoman now says it will be closed all day. Details in this announcement: “YMCA extends open house to Fri.; no power? Get a shower”
- UNC Charlotte day and evening classes are called off.
- Cornelius Town Hall is closed. No trash pickups today. All meetings in Town Hall tonight, including the Navigate Cornelius Theme Committee meetings, will be rescheduled.
- Lake Norman Community Development Council meeting originally scheduled Tuesday morning at at 8:15 at Ada Jenkins Center in Davidson is canceled.
- North Mecklenburg Republican Women‘s dinner meeting Tuesday featuring former Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory has been canceled. It will be rescheduled later, the group says.
- Tuesday’s Organ at Davidson concert at Davidson College Presbyterian Church has been postponed for a week. Details in The Guide.
Here’s the latest on hours at local restaurants Tuesday night. These are the ones we’ve been able to reach.
Brickhouse Tavern is open regular hours tonight.
Flatiron Kitchen + Taphouse is open until at least 8.
Sabi Asian Bistro is open until at least 7.
Mings Chinese & Sushi is open regular hours, until 10 p.m.
Harris Teeter supermarket is open today. Healthy Home Market in Sadler Square will close early, at 5 p.m.
Restaurant X is closed tonight. They expect to be back for regular lunch and dinner schedule Wednesday.
Donato’s Pizza is open regular hours, until 10 p.m.
Fuel Pizza expects to close early. They say they’ll be open until 7 or 8.
Campania Cafe is open regular hours, until 9 p.m.
Contact info for these restaurants in the DavidsonNews.net Restaurant Guide, in the pulldown menu on our Food & Dining page.