Police charged a 40-year-old man with driving while intoxicated after he was stopped Feb. 3 in the 200 block of Concord Road. Meanwhile, another driver was unhurt Feb. after his car ran off Lakeside Avenue and struck a tree. Those and other incidents are below.
Davidson police released the following incident reports over the past week.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 3, 200 block of Concord Road – Police stopped a 40-year-old man and charged him with driving while intoxicated.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 3, 3:57 p.m., 900 Northeast Drive – A 63-year-old Cornelius woman in a 2007 Nissan struck a parked 2008 Nissan owned by a Hamptonville, N.C., man while pulling into a parking spot. Damage to the 2007 Nissan was estimated at $500. Damage to the 2008 Nissan was estimated at $500.
THURSDAY, FEB. 4, 7:44 p.m., 100 Lakeside Ave. – A 29-year-old Canton, N.C., driver’s 2000 Toyota began to spin while making a left turn in the West Side neighborhood. The driver over-corrected and struck a tree. Damage was estimated at $950.
FRIDAY, FEB. 6, 9:45 a.m., 700 Old Meeting Way – A 36-year-old Davidson woman in a 2007 Nissan driving on Old Meeting way failed to keep her vehicle within her lane and struck a parked 2003 Volkswagen, owned by a Davidson man, in the rear. Damage to the Nissan was estimated at $1,800. Damage to the Volkswagen was estimated at $3,000.
TUESDAY, FEB. 9, 11:07 am, N. Main at Griffith St. – A 46-year-old Mooresville woman was driving north on Main Street in a 2007 Chevrolet when she rear-ended a 35-year-old Charlotte man whose 2006 Lincoln while was stopped at the traffic light. Damage to the Chevrolet was estimated at $200. Damage to the Lincoln was estimated at $600.
TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT, JAN. 31-FEB. 6
- BEATY STREET – 1 citation for driving without vehicle inspection, 1 for expired permit.
- CONCORD ROAD – 1 citation for driving while subject to an impairing substance, 1 for driving with an open container in a motor vehicle.
- JACKSON STREET – 1 for expired registration.
- GRIFFITH STREET – 6 citations for speeding.
- GAMBLE STREET – 1 for unregistered vehicle.
- NORTH MAIN STREET – 1 for speeding.
- DAVIDSON-CONCORD ROAD - 1 for speeding without being a licensed driver.